You’ve chosen to take the decision to make a difference to a child or young person’s life and it’s up to all of us at Capstone Foster Care to provide you with all the support you need.
As an Employee Ownership Trust, we are run by members of staff with years of fostering experience and expertise. This allows us to deliver a comprehensive support package, that provides you with a high-quality support service and allows you to grow in your role as a foster carer.
We offer all foster carers the following rewards, support and benefits:
· Induction Programme – when you are approved, we will give you a tailored induction designed to meet your needs as we help you prepare for your first placement.
· Regular supervisions and regular calls/ video chat – you will be allocated a dedicated, qualified and experienced social worker who is always at the end of the phone to offer support and advice.
· Our Social Workers have small caseloads – so you will have all the support you need from social workers who have the time to spend with you when you need it.
· 24/7 support, 365 days - if you need us in an emergency during the night, at the weekend or on holidays, we are at the end of the phone.
· Access to our pioneering therapeutic service - we are proud of our therapeutic service which provides a completely bespoke support package to the child in your care when you have a MATTS arrangement. Learn more about our MATTS offering.
· Mentoring - as a newly approved carer, we will make sure you get the support and advice you need from one of our experienced foster carers right from the early stages of your fostering journey.
· Your development - we are committed to ensuring you have all the training you require to enable you to provide great foster care; we will work in partnership with you to understand your aspirations as a foster carer and agree a plan of professional development.
· FosterTalk - we will provide with a membership to FosterTalk, a special service for foster carers which gives you access to legal, financial and tax advice along with access to hundreds of discounted goods and services.
· Meeting with Managers - attending sessions held by your local managers will allow you to share your thoughts on the service, seek support and ensure your voice is heard in shaping our ongoing service delivery.
· Dedicated placement officer and plan - we will work with you to understand your matching requirements post approval, working hard to identify the right child or young person for you to foster and make sure your family book and profile is up to date.
· Statutory training – as a minimum, you will complete all mandatory core training throughout your time as a carer to help you care with confidence.
· Specialist training – you will be expected to continue your professional development and will have access to a range of training in specialist aspects of fostering, for instance: therapeutic, parent and child and long-term training in order to open up the range of children and young people you can care for.
· Flexible training plans – a variety of training options which are delivered at local venues, online and at varying times to suit your and your family’s busy schedules.
· Regular support groups – there is an expectation that you will attend regular support groups to provide you and your family with an opportunity to learn from other carers experiences and to seek support in a safe environment.
· Dedicated online Carer Area – a secure portal exclusive to Capstone foster carers which will keep you up to date with news, training and what’s on in your local area.
· Ambassadors – dedicated foster carer representatives who will advocate for you and help grow the pool of carers in your area through event and carer forums so we can reach more children.
· Events – having fun is vital, so we will organise events for you, your families and children and young people in your care.
· Key milestones – recognising and celebrating your key achievements such as awards for length of service.
· Discounted goods and services – through our affiliated partners you’ll receive a discount card that you can use at venues across the UK. This includes access to discounts from branded goods, days out and holidays for your family.
· Support groups for own children – it’s important to listen to your children and other children who permanently live in your home as a really important part of the fostering family.
· Dedicated events – we’ll make your family part of our family and we’ll take the time to get together.
· Access to Social Workers – your birth children and other children who permanently live in your home are an important part of your fostering family and it’s important we listen to them.
· Charity awards – we are happy to make donations to charitable activities undertaken by members of the fostering family.
· Access to Capstone Care Leavers Trust as a priority – we support children leaving care as they transition to independence through the Capstone Care Leavers Trust
· Access to clinical support services – we are proud of ground-breaking therapeutic service (MATTS) which allows our carers and children to access to a range of tailor-made therapeutic advice and support.
· Advocacy – we listen, hear and act for those we support.
· Education specialists – providing you and the children in your care with advice and guidance on education related topics and schooling.
· Support workers/ children’s champions – a team of support workers to work with children and young people to support you with their development and growth.
· Celebrating successes – acknowledging the journey children and young people make and celebrating their successes together.
· Children’s forums – providing a safe and protected space for children and young people to express themselves.
· Visits by our Social Workers – ensuring there is open dialogue with children and young people allowing for their voices to be heard.
· Competitive allowances – we recognise that fostering is a significant commitment which is why a fostering allowance is provided in order to support you.
· Respite (up to 14 days) – allows you to take a break without worrying about the financial implications.
· Annual financial gift – a monetary bonus will be awarded every year at upon successful re-approval.
· Generous referral schemes – Refer a like minded individual to foster with us for financial rewards.
Call us today and speak to one of our friendly team about starting your fostering journey with Capstone on 0800 012 4004.
Want to know more about how much foster parents get paid? We will tell you all you need to know…
If you’ve got any questions or would like to find out more about fostering with Capstone, fill out the form below.
An experienced fostering advisor from your local area will then be in touch.