Full Time 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Capstone Foster Care is an independent fostering agency, working in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of children needing to be fostered, providing safe and secure family placements.
We are owned by our employees, as an Employee Ownership Trust. Employee Ownership Trusts result in improved employee wellbeing, staff engagement and a sense of achievement. We are able to invest more in Learning and Development and pay all our staff annual tax free bonuses
As a Placements Officer, you will work in partnership with other team members in order to provide the most appropriate placement for looked after children, young people and foster families. At Capstone Foster Care we pride ourselves on the quality of our thoughtful placements.
- To manage incoming referrals from local authorities of children needing fostering family placements, liaising with Social Work teams to carefully find thoughtful placements
- Sending out profiles of carers to Local Authorities
- Creating new files/records for new referrals and new placements
- Record matching criteria on child’s file
- Inputting information onto a database and server files
- Weekly and/or monthly reports
- Following up any open referrals
- To exercise an understanding of cultural competence when dealing with children and foster families
A Placement Officer needs to have:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and be a confident communicator
- A background in a similar position or a proven talent within sales or account management
- Excellent IT skills are a must and an ability to input large quantities of data and produce reports
- Attention to detail, ensuring all files are maintained accurately
In return we offer:
- Annual tax free bonus
- Blended office/home based working
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Holidays starting from 25 days plus Bank Holidays and also your birthday off!
- Additional holiday purchase scheme
- Discounts across major retailers via FosterTalk membership
- Employee Assistance membership
- Paid charitable work/ volunteer opportunities
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people is enshrined within Capstone Foster Care’s policy and practice. We expect our employees to share this commitment with us. This position will be subject to a DBS application.