Full Time Permanent
The role will support HR Services manager to deliver excellent HR Services across the organisation and will include advice and guidance to managers on all day to day activities within the HR function. Escalating issues appropriately to the HR Services manager and/or
Recruitment Business Partner.
Capstone Foster Care is owned by our employees, as an Employee Ownership Trust. Employee Ownership Trusts result in improved employee wellbeing, staff engagement and a sense of achievement. We are able to invest more in Learning and Development and pay all our staff annual additional salary increments.
Provide administrative support to the team including issuing
HR documentation and maintaining the HR System.
1. Promoting excellent outcomes for children and young people building brighter futures into adulthood.
2. Putting safeguarding at the heart of the agency and making it everyone’s responsibility.
3. Investing in children leaving care, supporting transitions and access to opportunities.
4. An outstanding quality of service for foster carers
(training, support, professionalism).
5. Listening, hearing and acting for those we support
6. Supporting and investing in our staff team to give their best.
Capstone Foster Care
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day HR advice, guidance and support to employees, departments and managers in relation to general HR enquiries including but not limited to absence, performance management, disciplinary and grievance activities. Escalating as appropriate in line with the organisational policies and procedures, employment law and best practice.
- Line management of the HR assistant(s).
- Develop the Bright HR function, working with regions to capture and set review dates for all completed mandatory and core training.
- Ensure all relevant checks are in place for staff across the organisation – e.g. DBS checks, reference checks, registration checks, right to work in the UK etc.
- Provide cross team support all areas of generalist HR and Recruitment when necessary.
- Support the HR Services Manager and Recruitment Business Partner to ensure effective monitoring systems are in place to include areas such as Safer Recruitment
Policy and Practices, Staff Record Audit Monitoring, Safeguarding policies, appraisal,CPD, training, performance management and registration verification. * Deliver basic HR training (HR clinics) to Managers in relation to HR policies and procedures.
- Support the HR Services manager with the monthly reporting requirements and respond to enquiries as appropriate.
- Advise, record and monitor sickness absence for the organisation.
- Provide monthly Payroll reports to Finance with support from HR team colleagues.
- Support line managers with managing staff attendance including attending meetings, as appropriate.
- Produce easily understood monthly data reports on HR activities i.e. Staff numbers / turnover / recruitment levels / sickness absence to help monitor / identify trends.
- Provide timely analysis and information to the HR services manager.
- Ensure that all Probation Reviews and Annual Appraisal documentation is issued and received in a timely way, following up as appropriate. Reviewing documentation to ensure consistency and any issues identified are escalated.
- Maintain, update and suggest improvements for the HR System. Including providing training for its use.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in line with policies and procedures, employment law and best practice and are consistent throughout the organisation.
- The role will involve general administrative duties that support all of the above activities.
Communication, Representation and Engagement
- Regularly attend team and other meetings as appropriate, contributing positively to discussions and debates and participating in shared decision making.
- Ensure effective communication including the dissemination of information accurately and timely to support effective team working.
- Act at all times as an ambassador for the organisation and maintain positive and effective communication both internally and externally.
- Produce clear, legible and consistent written documentation.
Capstone Foster Care
- To identify ways of continued quality improvement.
- Improve service quality by evaluating systems and devising new processes as appropriate.
- You will be required to work flexibly from varying operational sites as required and agreed with line manager.
- A willingness to work some evenings/weekends as required.
- Commitment to continued personal development, maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of developments across the field, legislation and practice relevant to your role.
Generic Duties & Responsibilities
In line with national legislation, and organisational policy, all data will be processed in a fair and lawful way, for the specific registered purpose and not disclosed in any way incompatible with such purpose or to any unauthorised persons or organisations.
Code of Conduct
All staff are expected to adhere to organisational policies and procedures that establish standards of good practice and follow any codes of conduct which are relevant to their own profession.
Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well-being of children and vulnerable adults.
Familiarisation with, and adherence to, the appropriate organisational Safeguarding Policies and any associated guidance is an essential requirement of all employees as is participation in related mandatory/statutory training. All employees must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause. If you do not understand exactly how this clause relates to you personally then you must ensure that you seek clarification from your immediate manager as a matter of urgency. Equally, all managers have a responsibility to ensure that their team members understand their individual responsibilities regarding safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
We attach the greatest importance and confidentiality to all child, staff and other data held by us. All data should be treated as confidential and should only be disclosed on a need to know basis.
Under no circumstances should any data be divulged or passed on to any third party who is not specifically authorised to receive such data. Due to the importance that we attach to confidentiality disciplinary action can be taken for any breaches of confidentiality. All members of staff are expected to comply with national legislation and local policy in respect of confidentiality and data protection.
Capstone Foster Care
All employees should be mindful of the 6-information management Caldicott principles when dealing with data belonging to the organisation and person identifiable information.
1. Justify the purposes of using confidential information
2. Only use it when absolutely necessary
3. Use the minimum that is required
4. Access should be on a strict need to know basis
5. Everyone must understand their responsibilities
6. Understand and comply with the law
Job Title: HR Advisor
Education & Experience
- Minimum CIPD Level 3 qualification or equivalent qualification/experience. Willing to work towards level 3 qualification.
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Experience working in a similar role confidential environment Familiar with GDPR
- Experience working in a fast-paced
- Experience of working in a health environment.
- Good sound knowledge of care settingEmployment Law
- Evidence of training and development in HR, CPD.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good computer and database skills Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills Knowledge of HR databases Ability to communicate at all levels
- ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Extremely organised and methodical
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good working knowledge of MicrosoftExcel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines and able to prioritise effectively
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to set high personal goals and work independently
- Ability to organise, multi-task and prioritise tasks
- Ability to make recommendation to effectively resolve problems or issues
- Professional and confidential approach
Capstone Foster Care
- Able to learn quickly and develop new skills
- Ability to record information in a concise, accurate and legible manner
- A demonstrable understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Impeccable time management
- Strong demonstrable understanding of IT systems and Microsoft Office skills
- Evidence of well-practiced/strong communication skills; both verbal, non-verbal and written
Attributes & Strengths
- Able to demonstrate that your personal ethos and work ethic mirrors the values of Capstone Foster Care.
- Able to remain impartial
- Ability to cope with pressure of a varied workload
- Calmness under pressure & cope in difficult situations
- Resilience and Emotional self- awareness
- Accountable for self and actions.
- Commitment and conscientious approach to work.
- Able to deal with matters in a confidential and sensitive manner.
- Able to develop strong working relationships with a wide range of people
- Commitment to support Capstone’s values.
- Flexible working.
- Ability to drive is essential and candidate must be able to travel
Capstone Foster Care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Administration: 2 years (preferred)