Capstone Foster Care is an independent national fostering agency with hundreds of carers across England who are available to help foster children build brighter futures. Our vision is to make a difference to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people, supporting foster carers to do an important job really well. Always striving for excellence in everything we do.
The primary function of Capstone Foster Care is to recruit, train and maintain foster carers for Looked After Children (LAC) who are referred to us from the Local Authority (LA). Confidential records need to be kept for each child in our care and their respective carers. The role will involve helping to ensure that our records are kept up to date.
Responsibilities will include but be limited to:
- Organise, manage and maintain all aspects of the office and its facilities.
- Handling correspondence, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- Organising training sessions/support groups/meetings, including refreshments and lunches.
- Taking minutes at meetings
- Manage petty cash
- Monitoring Looked After Child (LAC) paperwork, including chasing up missing LAC paperwork from LA and scanning of LAC documentation
- Updating the database, e.g. change of details, occasional file auditing
- General assistance for social workers, e.g. arranging carer outings, mail merge letters, etc.
- Chasing statutory medicals for foster carers and local authority checks
- Carrying out DBS updates for foster carers and adult members of the household
- Carrying our any additional tasks as directed by the Office Manager, especially in relation to Ofsted or other inspections
The successful applicant will have:
- Previous office administration experience
- Minute taking experience
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Have proven ability to communicate with a broad range of people
- Worked with MS Office including mail merge
- Experience of inputting of data into databases
Applicants will have a willingness to learn and the ability to be flexible and adapt to change. There will be a requirement in this role to travel to our Stratford office approximately twice a month, all mileage/travel expenses will be paid. In return, we offer ongoing training and development and a generous salary package.
This appointment will be subject to a DBS application.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people is enshrined within Capstone Foster Care’s policy and practice. We expect our employees to share this commitment with us.
To apply please send your cv and covering email to: firstname.lastname@example.org