20: More Useful Websites
General Education Sites
These sites are useful for homework, resources and for when you, or your young person, is struggling with a subject or topic at school. Some are free and some are subscription only.
- www.youtube.com : Video tutorials for the novice and the expert, usually only 2-3 mins long. Just type in what you need to know!
- www.sparklebox.co.uk : Resources to help such as games to learn times tables; flash cards etc.
- http://www.shaunsgameacademy.co.uk/ : Children can design their own computer games and learn how to code
- www.mathsphere.co.uk : Printable specialist maths papers
- www.mathszone.co.uk : Interactive resources for KS1 & KS2 – for class or home, pupil, parent or teacher.
- www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize : Useful for revision, has lots of revision games to help.
- http://ngkids.co.uk : National Geographic’s collection of resources about science and nature
- www.oxfordowl.co.uk : is an award-winning website to help support children’s learning, both at home and at school
For GCSEs, try these…
- https://getrevising.co.uk :Goes from GCSE through to University level. This site is a mixture of free resources and subscription. You can find some good revision summary sheets if you are prepared to hunt!
- http://www.s-cool.co.uk/gcse : A subscription site… but it’s free to join. Limited subjects but useful – has a revision planner. Choose an activity, revise it, test it and remember it! S-cool includes overviews, exam style questions, multiple choice questions and revision summaries on a range of GCSE science topics.
- https://www.khanacademy.org/ : With over 3,100 videos on everything from arithmetic to physics, GCSE students should be able to find videos on the topics they need. Need to join but it’s free.
- http://studymaths.co.uk/ : Does what it says on the tin! For SATS:
- http://www.satstestsonline.co.uk/sto_past_papers.aspx : lots of past papers and mark