The Process of Approval at Capstone
- After submitting an enquiry you will receive a call from a member of the Capstone Vision team who will ask you further questions about you and your family and who will be able to tell you more about us and what fostering involves.
- As you would expect, we undertake rigorous checks to ensure that children and young people are going to be safe in the care of anyone we approve as a carer. We carry out a thorough assessment using the revised Form F (BAAF) and request checks from the Criminal Records Bureau, Social Services and other agencies. We will ask you to have a medical completed by your own doctor and we will also follow up with the referees you provide.
- We will also complete a health and safety check on your home.
- The process of approval takes approximately 3-4 months and will include a number of home visits as well as visits to referees.
- During this process you will attend a two days training course called 'Skills to Foster' which will provide you with the basic knowledge of all that fostering entails.
- Finally, your Form F and all the accompanying paper work is submitted to the Capstone Vision fostering Panel for approval.
- Don't worry. It's not as scary as it seems!
If you live in the above areas or anywhere in the South East of England please click here for more information, call us on 01322 629 260 or request a call back.